[spsp-members] CFCUL > FCT-funded positions at the Centre for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (CFCUL), Lisbon
cfculcomunica at fc.ul.pt
Mon Jan 3 17:21:30 UTC 2022
FCT Individual Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus - 5th Edition
Host Institution: Centre for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (CFCUL)
The Centre for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon<https://cfcul.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/> (CFCUL) (Lisbon, Portugal) welcomes expression of interest by prospective candidates interested in applying for fix-term (up to 6 years) research positions funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia<https://www.fct.pt/> (FCT) under the Individual Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus - 5th Edition [+ info<https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_5.phtml.en><https://www.fct.pt/apoios/contratacaodoutorados/empregocientifico/ceec_ind_4.phtml.en>].
The FCT will accept applications between 3 February and 3 March, 2022 (17:00 Lisbon Time). Candidates will apply online directly to the FCT, but the application must be supported by a host institution.
The application to FCT, written in English, must include the following:
* PhD Certificate
* A brief description of previous academic and scientific experience, highlighting the main activities and results obtained in the last 5 years or less for Junior applications;
* Motivation letter, identifying the main contributions of the candidate in the last 5 years, the expected main contributions for the next years, and a career plan;
* Curriculum vitae (you’ll have to use the CV platform CIENCIAVITAE<https://cienciavitae.pt/?lang=en>);
* A research plan, including a description of the main activities to be undertaken, the expected results, as well as a clear explanation of how the research project fits with (at least one of) the goals set out in the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development<https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld>;
* A brief description of the conditions provided by the host institution and of how the proposed research plan fits into the overall strategy of the host institution.
CFCUL is interested in hosting high quality postdoctoral researchers in a wide range of areas in Philosophy of Science.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Direction of CFCUL as soon as possible and no later than 18 February 2022 sending an e-mail in English to cdlisboa at fc.ul.pt including:
* Researcher application level (Junior, Assistant, Principal, Coordinating)
* Detailed CV in PDF (please notice that for application purposes you’ll have to use the CV platform CIENCIAVITAE<https://cienciavitae.pt/?lang=en>)
* Summary of the Research Plan.
Notification of the acceptance/rejection by the CFCUL will be sent no later than 24 February 2022.
The Centre for Philosophy of Science of the University of Lisbon (CFCUL) is a R&D Unit of the University of Lisbon located in the Faculty of Science of the University of Lisbon.
CFCUL is the only R&D Unit in Portugal fully devoted to Philosophy of Science and is currently organized in three Research Groups:
RG1 – PHILOSOPHY OF THE FORMAL SCIENCES, METHODOLOGY AND EPISTEMOLOGY covers three research lines:
1) Epistemology & Methodology
2) Philosophy of the Formal Sciences
3) History & Philosophy of European and non-European scientific traditions and communication of science
RG2 – PHILOSOPHY OF NATURAL SCIENCES covers three research lines:
1) Philosophy of Physics
2) Philosophy of the Life Sciences
3) Metaphysics of Science
4) Philosophy of AI and Computation
RG3 – PHILOSOPHY OF TECHNOLOGY, HUMAN SCIENCES, ART AND SOCIETY covers four research lines:
1) Science and Art
2) Science-Art-Philosophy Lab
3) Philosophy of Human Technology
4) Philosophy of Human Sciences, Ethics and Politics
For more information about CFCUL, please visit our website<https://cfcul.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/>.
Silvia Di Marco, PhD
Comunicação e Projectos
Communication and Projects
cfculcomunica at fc.ul.pt
(+351) 217 500 365 // (+351) 217 500 000 Ext. 24324
Campo Grande, Edifício C4, Sala 4.3.24, 1749-016 Lisboa, Portugal
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the spsp-members