[spsp-members] CFP: Critical Perspectives on the Philosophy of Helen Longino
Richardson, Sarah S
srichard at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 15 12:45:27 UTC 2022
Call for Papers
Subjects, Power, and Knowledge:
Critical Perspectives on the Philosophy of Helen Longino
Abstract deadline: January 15, 2023
EDITORS: SARAH RICHARDSON, HEIDI GRASSWICK, CARLA FEHR, AND MICHAEL R. DIETRICH
Abstracts are invited for a workshop and edited volume on the philosophical contributions of Helen Longino. The editors seek proposals for papers that advance a new generation of scholarly engagement with Longino’s work. Proposals should advance current scholarship by framing critical questions or exploring and expanding Longino’s work in any of the following areas: social epistemology, philosophy of science, feminist epistemology, feminist science and technology studies, and philosophy of biology, including biological explanations of human behavior.
Workshop spots are limited. The volume aims to be international and interdisciplinary in scope. We seek new scholarship from a diverse group of people at a wide range of career stages. Interested contributors should submit paper proposals in the form of a 500-word abstract and a 1-page CV by January 15, 2023. Additionally, applicants are invited, but not required, to submit a statement as to how they might contribute to the diversity of the workshop. These statements might refer to diversity of ability status, gender identity, sexuality, nationality, racial identity, etc., as well as diversity of geographical region, career stage, discipline, and perspective.
* Abstracts due by January 15, 2023
* Invitations for full papers for the workshop will be extended by February 15, 2023
* Full draft of workshop papers (a moderately polished draft of approximately 5,000-7,000 words, which will be read by other participants prior to the workshop) is due November 15, 2023
* Workshop at Stanford University, TBA winter/spring, 2024
* Selected papers from the workshop will be invited for consideration for inclusion in the edited volume, summer 2024.
Submit Your Abstract Here<https://forms.gle/HSkCXBaWXVW2y5Dn6>
longinoworkshop at gmail.com<mailto:longinoworkshop at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the spsp-members