[spsp-members] CfA reminder: The International Association of Computing and Philosophy (IACAP), 2023 Conference

Hajo Greif mail at hajo-greif.net
Fri Mar 3 08:43:15 UTC 2023

Der all.

Submissions are still open for the 2023 conference of the International Association of Computing and Philosophy (IACAP) in Prague, Czech Republic, from 3 through 5 July, 2023.

Abstracts (1000 words) due: March 19, 2023

Submissions link:
https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=iacap2023

Conference website:
http://iacap2023.auletris.com/

IACAP website:
https://www.iacap.org/

After the highly successful IACAP 2022 meeting at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara California (hosted by the School of Engineering, and in collaboration with the Markkula Centre for Applied Ethics), IACAP is delighted to announce our return to Europe in 2023 with CEVAST and the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague. Given the improvement of the pandemic, IACAP is pleased to put out this call for abstracts for on-site paper presentations.

Important Dates
Abstracts due date (new): March 19, 2023
Symposia Proposals due date (new): March 19, 2023
Notification of acceptance: May 8, 2023

Keynote Speakers
Covey Award Address – To be announced.
Simon Award Address – To be announced.

IACAP has a long-lasting tradition of promoting philosophical dialogue and interdisciplinary research on all aspects of the digital turn. IACAP’s members have contributed to shaping the philosophical and ethical debate about computing, information technologies, and artificial intelligence. The 2023 annual meeting will continue this tradition and will gather philosophers, ethicists, roboticists, and computer scientists and engineers interested in the following topics:

●       Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
●       Algorithmic Opacity and Bias
●       Artificial Life and Moral Agency
●       Autonomous Weapon Systems
●       Cognitive Science, Computation & Cognition
●       Computational Modelling in Science and Social Science
●       Computer-Mediated Communication
●       Ethical Problems and Societal Impact of Computation and Information
●       History of Computing
●       Information Culture and Society
●       Metaphysics of Computing
●       Philosophy of Information
●       Philosophy of Information Technology
●       Robotics
●       Virtual Reality
… and related issues

The meeting will have a main track focusing on topics at the core of IACAP members’ interests. We invite submissions of extended abstracts (up to 1000 words) as well as submission of proposals for symposia.  https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=iacap2023

Host:
The 2023 meeting will be hosted in collaboration with the Karel Čapek Center for Values in Science and Technology (CEVAST) and the Czech Academy of Sciences. CEVAST was formed in 2018 under the Czech Academy of Sciences in the historic city of Prague. CEVAST has a reputation as a leading European institution dealing with emerging issues in technology ethics.

Venue:
Faculty of Arts, Charles University, náměstí Jana Palacha 1/2, 116 38 Prague 1.

We look forward to meeting you at IACAP 2023 in Prague!

The IACAP Board