[spsp-members] MA In Contemporary Philosophy / Philosophy of Science at the Univ. of Athens

Theodore Arabatzis tarabatz at phs.uoa.gr
Thu Mar 30 10:01:25 UTC 2023

          MA IN CONTEMPORARY PHILOSOPHY / PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE

The Department of History and Philosophy of Science at the University of
Athens is pleased to announce the launch of a new, one-year, postgraduate
program.

The MA offers students a solid background to the study of Contemporary
Philosophy, delivers an advanced introduction to Philosophy of Science,
and teaches the intellectual skills required for engaging with issues
which occupy current research, esp. in philosophy of science.

It is the only program in Greece to focus on Contemporary Philosophy, in
both its ‘analytic’ and ‘continental’ instantiations, and one of the few
programs worldwide to provide a specialization in the Philosophy of
Physical and Social Sciences.

Courses are taught in English by Professors from the University of Athens,
as well as by Affiliated Professors from international institutions.

Successful applicants will join a thriving graduate community, including
on average 140 students per year attending our MA programs, as well as
around 90 active PhD candidates.

For more information, please browse our website:

https://contemporaryphilosophy.phs.uoa.gr/

or contact us at:contemporaryphilosophy at phs.uoa.gr

Professor   Anthony E. Hatzimoysis
http://scholar.uoa.gr/ahatzimoysis

Chair, Department of History and Philosophy of Science
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece