[spsp-members] 2023 IUHPST Essay Prize in History and Philosophy of Science

Agnes Bolinska bolinska at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:42:01 UTC 2023

On behalf of the judging panel for the IUHPST Essay Prize in History and
Philosophy of Science, I am delighted to announce that this year's winner
is *Ahmad Elabbar* from Cambridge University, for his essay "The curatorial
view of assessment and the ethics of scientific advice: Beyond decisional
autonomy towards distributive epistemic justice".

We are also pleased to recognize as runner-up *Karoliina Pulkkinen* of the
University of Helsinki for her essay "Beyond democratic legitimacy of
value-judgments in science: a closer look at science in the early Soviet
Union".

The full prize announcement is available here
<http://iuhpst.org/pages/inter-division-commissions/joint-commission/2023-essay-prize.php>
.

Congratulations to our winner and runner-up!

--
Agnes Bolinska
Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy